CHILDREN’S BILL OF RIGHTS
During Family Conflicts
From the pamphlet “Putting Children First During Family Conflicts”
By Child Centered Solutions
As a child I have the following rights and I need you, my Mom and Dad, to respect these rights:
1. The right not to be asked to “chose sides” between my Mom and Dad.
2. The right to express, or not express, my feelings.
3. The right to have a unique relationship with each of my parents without the other making me feel guilty about it.
4. The right to freely and privately communicate with both my Mom and Dad, and not to be asked questions by either parent about the other.
5. The right to be treated as a person and not as a pawn, possession or negotiating chip.
6. The right not be expected to be a spy or messenger.
7. The right not to hear either Mom or Dad say bad things about the other.
8. The right to have my life change as little as possible while my Mom and Dad work out their problems.
9. The right to have my own life and remain a child.
10. The right to expect you to be my parents, not my friend.
11. The right not to be expected to be my parents’ confidante or companion.
12. The right to have what is in my best interest protected at all times.
Thank you, I love you BOTH!
_________________________ _________________________ _________________________
Mom CHILD Dad